Boating Safety Tips From Dr. Harcourt
Safety Tips for Memorial Day Weekend from Dr. Harcourt
1. When getting on and off the boat always use a 3-point contact of 2 hands and 1 foot or 2 feet and 1 hand contact between the dock and the boat.
2. Place items on the dock, board the boat and then pull onto the boat. Do not carry the items while trying to board.
3. Stay hydrated with plenty of water before you are thirsty.
4. Check the weather report before heading out.
5. Check to make sure your safety equipment is up-to-date.
6. Wear a plethora of sunscreen.
7. Take foul weather gear as a precaution.
8. Sunglasses and a hat are a must.
9. Match the conditions of the water with your crew.
10. When in doubt, don't stay out.
Keep your Memorial Day weekend safe and healthy! If you do need assistance, please give us a call at 239.278.3344 Option 1!
Dr. B. Timothy Harcourt, DC.