When fatigue hits during the day, many people will reach for a sugary snack or a caffeinated beverage. While these practices may lead to a quick, short burst of energy, the crash afterwards can leave one feeling even more tired. Let’s look at healthier methods to improve energy levels.
1) EAT BREAKFAST: Studies have shown that people who eat breakfast have less fatigue and stress than those who skip it. Try fruits and fiber-rich foods, like oatmeal, which help maintain satiety longer.
2) EXERCISE: A simple 5- to 10-minute walk or any quick bout of exercise can increase blood flow to the brain and enhance cognitive function.
3) SING/TALK: Singing opens specific brain pathways that can both elevate emotions and reduce stress hormone levels. Like singing, talking stimulates areas of the brain to make us more alert.
4) DRINK WATER: Drinking water throughout the day (such as eight 8-oz. glasses per day) as some experts have stated that by the time you feel thirsty, you may already be in a state of mild dehydration, which can also impair cognitive function and increase the risk for headache.
5) SUNSHINE: Spending time in the sun stimulates the production of energy-boosting vitamin D. A recent study showed that exposure to sunlight throughout the workday not only led to better sleep but also improved performance on cognitive tests.
6) SNACK: Try eating almonds and peanuts, which are high in magnesium and folic acid and essential for energy and cell production. Consuming protein and slow-burning carbs like bananas, peanut butter, or granola with fresh berries can also help maintain blood sugar levels.
7) LAUGH: Listen to comedy or think of a recent funny experience and laugh out loud, if possible—it’s amazing how that stimulates certain centers in the brain to give you an energy boost.
8) GET MORE SLEEP: It seems obvious but sleeping less than seven hours a night is unhealthy and reduces the energy you have available during the day. Quality of sleep is important as well, so if you toss and turn or wake up a lot at night, consider a sleep study to assess for sleep apnea.
The link below will provide an 8 expert tips to boosting your mental energy!
So, if you are interested in no longer chasing your tail on the pain gerbil wheel and type in pain management near me or chiropractor near me, you may find Coast Chiropractic Centers with Dr. Timothy Harcourt, me, comes up.
You may wonder, “Is There a Better Way to Address Actually Fixing the Cause of the Pain?”
Once you have experienced the frustration of simply covering over the pain temporarily, you may be more enlightened to the idea of fixing the problem and then keep it that way. Some around you say one description of such an approach is called wellness care.
Call me, Dr. Tim Harcourt, at Coast Chiropractic Centers at (239) 278-3344 or stop by on your day off if we’re near you for a walk in visit and mention this article for an awesome discounted first visit to include history, exam, and adjustment or Class IV high-intensity laser treatment. So if you find yourself experiencing lower back pain while running or doing physical activities.
If you feel like a gerbil on a perpetual pain wheel and you know it is negatively affecting your quality of life and keeping you from enjoying walks at Fort Myers Beach, playing golf, tennis, pickle ball or others, come see us at Coast Chiropractic Centers located on 7270 College Parkway.
If you would like to avoid getting back pain in the first place or to take a proactive approach to your health and wellness nearby, our membership program called Club C may be just the thing for you with great cost savings, convenience, and even more importantly, a plan to get your health back and keep it.
Don't let back pain stop you from enjoying the beautiful SWFL! Dr. Tim Harcourt is here to give you the relief you need.
A Journey of Tranquility, Balance, Coordination and Strength: Tai Chi…
Has your chiropractor ever asked, “Did you do your exercises?” Well,…
I’m sure we’ve all rationalized our inability to keep up with…
A Thug is One Thing, Your Hip is Another: The Wing Chun Way. In…
Every season brings unique activities that require us to perform some…