On a regular basis, I get calls from residents in the local area such as Sanibel Island, Fort Myers Beach, The Villas, Whiskey Creek, The Landings, and Gulf Harbour asking if they really need help with their car accident and potential whiplash or even worse traumatic brain injury.
You might ask yourself, well who are you and why would they be calling you for "expert" advice?
The answer is that I'm a chiropractic physician for the last 35 years from a third-generation family of chiropractic physicians. I'm board-certified in chiropractic orthopedics and published in JMPT listed on PubMed at the link below.
My practice is local on 7270 College Parkway in Fort Myers, FL 33907 near all of those communities. Perhaps they see my twirly spinner sign on the sidewalk or see us in a blog like this one.
Let's break down the symptoms as reasons for potential concern one at a time:
1. Severe neck pain is never a great sign and persistency suggests deeper injury which may not heal properly without some help. Of particular concern are the ligaments that hold the neck together. if they are not stabilized much bleeding can occur which will result in scar tissue production and increase change for permanency. Certain treatments such as Diowave Class IV Laser, among others, help reduce the bleeding and stimulate faster healing.
2. Dizziness/Foggy Brain/ Inability To Concentrate/Clumsiness all potential point to traumatic brain injury which is a condition that should be addressed immediately.
3. Arm or leg pain or numbness points to nerve compression due to disc herniation, subluxation, swelling, or frank nerve damage due to the accident.
4. Persistent/severe or worsening headache can be potentially fatal if there is an intracranial bleed and needs to be evaluated right away.
5. Driver or passenger anxiety since the accident may require psychological support but generally goes away when you start feeling better with proper professional chiropractic physician care.
6. If you live in Florida and have had an accident within the last 14 days and did not seek professional help yet you will lose your $10,000 auto insurance coverage meant to help you recover from such an injury and by the way you already paid for.
So, if you have had a car accident in Fort Myers and you have neck pain, dizziness, vertigo, or imbalance and type in pain management near me, whiplash, or even car accident lawyer you may find Coast Chiropractic Centers with Dr. Timothy Harcourt, me, comes up.
You may wonder, “Do I need an MRI scan of my neck or back”?
Also, if you feel arm or leg pain it may indicate things are getting worse and” may indicate a bulge on the disc or worse yet a herniated disc in your neck and/or back. Shoulder pain is very common with whiplash and could require conservative treatment right away to avoid injections or worse yet, surgery. A foggy brain may indicate a mild traumatic brain injury. Persistent or worsening pain intensity and/or frequency necessitates a visit to see a professional.
If you would like to avoid chronic whiplash symptoms in the first place or take a proactive approach to your health and wellness, our membership program called Club C may be just the thing for you with great cost savings, convenience, and even more importantly, a plan to get your health back and keep it.
Call me, Dr. Tim Harcourt, at Coast Chiropractic Centers at (239) 278-3344 or stop by on your day off for a walk in the first visit to include history, exam, and adjustment or Class IV high-intensity laser treatment and we will submit the bills to your auto carrier for payment.
Thank you for reading this blog. We welcome feedback at:
Dr. Tim Harcourt
Cell number: 239.295.2420
Has your chiropractor ever asked, “Did you do your exercises?” Well,…
I’m sure we’ve all rationalized our inability to keep up with…
Every season brings unique activities that require us to perform some…
In Florida, auto accident victims must seek medical care within 14…
Neck pain is a very common complaint that chiropractors treat on a…