!– Twitter Card data –> <!– Open Graph data –> <!– Schema.org markup for Google+ –>
Top 5 Neck Pain Management Strategies For Whiplash or other Traumas
1. IMPROVE YOUR POSTURE: It's important to reduce forward head carriage. Doorway stretches can help with this. I also instruct my patients to use a towel roll under their neck on their back with the same circumference as their closed fist. It seems to correlate well with helping them get their normal cervical lordosis back which is important with FHP>
2. GET BETTER SLEEP: Make sure your pillow is not too thick!
3. AVOID THOSE AGGRAVATING ACTIVITIES: Common ones are shoulder presses at too high of a weight. Others include: working under a vehicle for a prolonged time, a ceiling fan blowing on your neck at night.
4. UTILIZE SPECIFIC CERVICAL EXERCISE TO STRENGTHEN NECK
5. AVOID JAMMING YOUR HEAD FORWARD (TV, COMPUTER, CELL, TABLET)
You may wonder, “Do I need an MRI scan of my neck.”
Some people will try stretching first to see if they get relief from their neck pain. A pulled muscle generally will get better with rest. Persistent or worsening pain intensity and/or frequency necessitates a visit to see a professional.
Call me, Dr. Tim Harcourt, at Coast Chiropractic Centers at (239) 278-3344 or stop by on your day off for a walk-in visit and mention this article for an awesome discounted first visit to include history, exam, and adjustment or Class IV high-intensity laser treatment.
So if you find yourself experiencing neck pain that is affecting your quality of life and allowing you to enjoy Fort Myers Beach. Come see us at Coast Chiropractic Centers located on 7270 College Parkway.
If you would like to avoid getting neck pain in the first place or to take a proactive approach to your health and wellness, our membership program called Club C may be just the thing for you with great cost savings, convenience, and even more importantly, a plan to get your health back and keep it.
Don't let neck pain stop you from enjoying the beautiful SWFL! I'm here to give you the relief you need.
For over 100 years, individuals have sought out chiropractic care to…
Dr. Harcourt reviews different causes of chest pain to include rib…
Subacromial impingement syndrome (SAIS) is one of the most common…
The sciatic nerve is a nerve that begins in the lower back and travels…
Approximately 43% of workers who first saw a surgeon had surgery…